ಸೊಮ್ಯಾಚ್ಯಾ ಕಷ್ಟಾಂಚೊ ಆಯ್ತಾರ್
S.C.C : Uppoor A - Way of the cross Mr. Francis Rodrigues 4.30 p.m.
Kallianpur B- Way of the cross Mrs.Rosy & John Baretto 4.30 p.m.
Santhekatte B- Way of the cross Mrs. Stella Rodrigues 4.30p.m.
Santhekatte A Mr. Valentine Nancy D’souzaವವವವ 4.30 p.m.
Puttur Mr. Franky Fernandes 4.30 p.m.
3. Tomorrow we celebrate Palm Sunday. Palms will be blessed near the main gate at 8.00a.m. followed by procession with the blessed palms proclaiming Jesus as our King. I request everyone to join the procession and maintain discipline. Gurkars and others are requested to get sufficient Palms.
There is no Mass at 6.00a.m.
9.30 Mass will be at 10.30 a.m.
4. Thursday 13th of April We celebrate Maundy Thursday, Lord’s Last Supper. On this day we contemplate the three unique events. Viz. The Establishment of Holy Eucharist, The Priestly Ordination and The New Establishment of Holy Eucharist. and the New Commandment of Love.
The Celebrtaion of Lord’s Last Supper Commences at 6.00 p.m. during which washing of feet of the 12 chosen from all groups of parish community will be held. These years only the men were chosen for washing of feet. Now with the new understanding of the church teachings Men, Women, Religious, Elders, Sick and Youth will be chosen. Names of the chosen are displayed on the Notice Board. They should be present on time for the ceremony.
After the mass the Holy Eucharist will be kept on the resting Altar where all the parishioners join in Adoration. Let us adore Christ who is present in the Blessed Sacrament, sing praises to Him and crave His blessings upon us and on our families. Adoration continues till 10p.m.
Collection of the day will be for the Priests Welfare Scheme of our Diocese.
Donors of Flowers for altar are Mr. Simon Sunitha Fernandes Kallianpur B.
* There will be Mass at 4p.m. Only for those who cannot take part in the evening celebration.
5. Friday 14th of April is the Passion of Our Lord – Good Friday
Kindly keep in mind that Good Friday is to be spent in silence, contemplating the passion and the mystery of the Holy Cross. Let us give company to the Suffering Christ taking our own time.
Good Friday is the day of Fast & Abstinence.
Way of the Cross is at 11.00a.m. all the parishioners are requested to take part in the way of cross.
The Celebration of Christ begins at 4.00p.m. with initial rites, readings, homily and solemn prayers after which unveiling of the Holy Cross, Veneration of the Cross and Holy Communion.
Second part of the Liturgy is procession with Christ’s Dead Body. Those who wish to offer flowers for the cradle do so by Friday Noon.
Collection of the day will be for the Maintenance of Holy Land.
6. Saturday 15th of April is the Holy Saturday – Resurrection of Jesus.
The Evening celebration begins at 7p.m. in front of Milagres Kannada Medium High School. The Day’s celebration begins with Lighting and blessing of New Fire & Incense, followed by procession to the church with lit Pascal candle. All take part in the procession and maintain discipline. Those who want to bless the incense to be blessed please keep it on the table before 7p.m.
In the church the Singing of Pascal Hymns, Readings, depicting our salvation will be held. After the readings Blessing of the water and renewal of our Baptismal Vows followed by the concelebrated High Mass. Baptismal renewal is to be done so kindly bring candles along with you while coming for the celebration and see that wax doesn’t fall on the floor and benches.
Our Bishop will take the leadership of Liturgy on these three days so please be on time and participate in the Liturgy with utmost Devotion.
I Call upon the members of Govlik Mandali to maintain discipline and decorum during the procession and during the celebration in the church.
Holy water will be distributed on Sunday after the morning mass
: Masses on Easter Sunday will be at 8a.m. & 9.30a.m.
7. In view of spiritual preparation for Easter confessions will be held on Monday 10th of April Evening from 4.00p.m. to 6.00p.m. Elders while coming to the confessions get your children as well as youngsters along with you. Let us partake in the Pascal Mystery with clean heart and soul.
8. Names of the participants of Ester Liturgy has been displayed on the notice board.
Practice for the Liturgy
Palm Sunday : Saturday at 5.30p.m.
Maundy Thursday & Good Friday : Wednesday at 4.30p.m.
9. Two Benches in Middle on either side has been reserved for the Elders. They should come and take their seats before the entrance hymn afterwards there is no chance.
10. Vocation camp for the boys of 8th, 9th &10th will be held from 17th to 19th of April at Agnel Ashram Kallianpur . Those who are interested please enroll your names.
11. The present school building of St. Joseph’s Higher Primary school is in a dilapidated condition. On the occasion of Post Centenary Silver Jubilee of the school, a new school building will be erected. The committee members will be visiting your houses and the old students extend a helping hand. The details are displayed on the notice board.
The committee members will be visiting your houses as scheduled:
9th April Sunday evening : Edabettu
10th April Monday evening : Kakkunje
11th April Tuesday evening : Puttur
12. Mr. Reny and Veena of Uppoor A ward have donated 8 Pairs of Plastic Flowers for the Liturgical celebration. I thank them and invoke God’s blessings upon them and their family.
13. There is a Vacancy of a teacher in Mount Rosary School those who are interested and have completed their Graduation in Science and Arts can Apply .
08.04.2017 Parish Priest